Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A bachelor's degree, 2 kids, and a new city.

I assume you are here because you know me - so I won't bore you with my life story. (you can skip the next paragraph...)

A lot has changed for me in the past 4 months. I graduated from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism on December 17th, 2010 with my bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism. I then had my 2nd baby girl, Abigail on December 29th, 2010. My husband moved to Reno, NV in July 2010 so I was at home with Isabelle (age 2) finishing my degree and my pregnancy.  After Abi was born, we packed up and moved to Reno to be with my husband. Abigail was a month old, and I really knew nobody except his family here.

So fast forward to today...where I sit doing the same thing day in and day out and just becoming frustrated with the redundancy of what is my life. Wake up, feed the baby, feed the older one, do some laundry, take a shower, make lunch, put kids down for a nap, make dinner, watch my favorite shows, and go to bed. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

This is partially because until now it's been rather cold in the Reno/Tahoe area. Like 50's....and me being an Arizonan, well I have thin blood. So anything under 70 makes my teeth chatter.

So today marks day one of my lifestyle change. I live in a beautiful place with the potential to become a more active person. Lets face it, I do enjoy sitting at my computer or watching tv, and not being active. I think I developed that because of the pure hatred of 6+ months of 110+ degrees. I barely went outside in Arizona. It was brutal until about November rolled around. So to me its no great mystery why I wasn't an active person.

So like I said, this is the start of my journey in a new place, determined to drop all of my baby weight. I am starting off with 18 lbs lost since I had Abigail. But I have about 20 lbs to go to be where I was when I got pregnant with her. And then I'd really like to drop an additional 20 lbs from the terrible eating I did as a young adult.

So please follow me on this journey as I find ways to drop these 40 lbs with 2 kids in tow and explore the beautiful places that surround me.

No comments:

Post a Comment